You will never influence the world by trying to be like it




I still can't believe my life. 

When I say create the life you want I mean every bloody word. 

Anything you set your mind to is achievable.

I'm still shocked when I receive work emails with potential collabs or invites.

I am completely your average young woman with two amazing children and a just as spontaneous as I am, partner.

Today I received a message which put something else into perspective.

But first, A snippet of how I got here..


Writing's always been my therapy, So it made perfect sense when I curated SurfGypsy Magazine to hire some other creatives to work with me to create some epic coverage of the Surf Lifestyle here in Cornwall, covering amazing events and festivals and working with some of the UK's best Music Artists, Creatives and Athletes.

"When you're in love with your job, you never work a day in your life"

I strongly believe that my need to stay spontaneous with all aspects of my life has something to do with my American blood, my entire family stateside are adventurers and at one with nature. Especially my Gramma, Big G, who's mentioned once or twice that her family had some Irish links, so maybe, just maybe, I have some free spirited hippie genes swanning around in here too.

I have been blogging for years about all aspects of my life, mainly travels and goals, I decided to blog my journey through the 'media tunnel' as I call it, working my way up from Photographer to videographer and interviewing and then creating SurfGypsy Magazine. 
 After I was recognised in 2007 by Company Magazine for my creative collaborations and write ups on Secret Gigs using my blog, I decided I'd continue to write for SurfGypsy instead of getting someone in for columns and invite guest writers in to share their experiences.

Years later when I met my partner, He was surprised to learn about my 'secret life', I say this, because when I'm asked what I do for work I just say Marketing Consultant, but the reality is there isn't a job title for what I do or the businesses I've ran so I just put it all under Entrepreneur and elaborate when prompted, at the time my blogs were live but I didn't share them with friends and family or on any of my socials, so my readership and the Magazine remained totally professional and separate to my every day mom life. He was shocked to learn that he'd be invited along with me to work sometimes when I was working away and would have to get used to being in the presence of A-listers and try not to act like too much of a fan..

After realising that this was the life for us, we decided to create a new blog, whereby he and I would travel reviewing resorts, events and attractions. 
I've been lucky enough to bag us a family AAA pass to all of Cornwall's attractions through my endless writing, so our weekends are made easy making use of them all.

 So it was time to venture out beyond Cornwall, Whilst travelling around the Midlands reviewing, it wasn't long before the blog and socials went wild and we were invited down to London for an all expenses triple A experience at Thorpe Park, my other half still in complete disbelief that anyone would reach out to us and invite us down to give our opinion on anything,( let alone AMC's The Walking Dead fright night, ahh that reminds me, Walking Dead's back on today guys!!! Big Fans. ) Straight past the queues we went and down into the Special Guests entrance where we were met by the Park Director who showed us around the lobby and handed over an envelope containing the Full Vip experience, which was over £600 worth of fun! We literally spent from 10am - 10pm there, and it was amazing, anyone who's followed me for a while will have seen the footage, If you missed it you can catch it via Thorpe Parks official Twitter Page.





You might be wondering why I'm telling you all this?...

Today I was tagged in a beautiful Facebook post by one of my long lost friends Amber, It was a complete shock, we haven't seen each other in years, In fact having moved here from Leicester 8 years ago, I rarely get to catch up with any of my old friends and It suddenly became apparent to me that this is the main reason I love to write so much, and why I share so much of my private life on social media, to know that my journey is inspiring others gives me even more reason to write..


I've worked bloody hard to get where I am today and not knowing what to say when people ask me what I do for work is finally wearing off.. The list is as long as my arm! 

I get seriously bored, I don't want and won't accept the mundane normal expected life,
that said and the main reason I'm sharing all of this with you is because my hard work is really starting to pay off as we sort out the yearly events calendar and pencil in future collaborations, unbelievable collaborations with some amazing Attractions and brands that I cannot wait to share with you all! 

That said, Big News coming with Fridays Blog Post, so stay peeled!








Comments

Popular Posts